A grassroots nonprofit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to promoting world peace by bringing together people of diverse cultures and backgrounds; providing interfaith spiritual support to those in need; and engaging in local and global humanitarian outreach efforts



Thursday, July 1, 2010

Step #1 - Fisherman Knit Afghan Project

The first step is to get the yarn that will be used for this project. Thanks to Norma Jean's suggestion, I was able to print out a 40% off coupon by going to the Michael's site: http://www.michaels.com/, clicking on the flyer & accessing the coupon from that.

I called Michael's here in San Luis Obispo, to be sure that they still had the yarn, which we're using for this project (Lion Brand Fishermen's Wool #150 in Natural color #098 )available. They kindly held a skein for me, as I was taking the bus over there and am using a walker.

While I was there, I asked about the possibility of future yarn donations from Michael's (for our other projects). Will keep you posted about that.

Now I need to get started with 10" x 10" square number one. Am toying with the idea of making one from the new "Open Lattice" pattern that I've been working on. The center panel of this sweater that I'm currently making is an example of "Open
Lattice" (see photo below)

(Note: the above sample is not one of the squares, but simply an example of various cable stitches)

 
Happy Knitting & Crocheting, ya'll!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment