A grassroots nonprofit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to promoting world peace by bringing together people of diverse cultures and backgrounds; providing interfaith spiritual support to those in need; and engaging in local and global humanitarian outreach efforts



Sunday, July 11, 2010

Many Thanks to Our Volunteer College Interns

Tina Hank
     I first got involved in Common Ground Worldwide because I was looking for a knitting group and volunteer opportunities, and I found both in the same organization! I've been knitting for 5 years and crocheting for 1 year.
     I'm a 3rd year student at Cal Poly and I'm pursuing a B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting. In the future I plan on becoming a CPA and working for a firm in the Bay Area. 
     My volunteer work for Common Ground Worldwide will include bookkeeping, accounting duties, financial planning, and knitting/crocheting.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** *

Sydney McNamara
I am going into my fourth year at Cal Poly University and am pursuing a degree in Political Science with a concentration in Global Politics, as well as a minor in the Spanish language. I first became involved in Common Ground Worldwide in the Spring of 2010 and I am looking forward to continuing my participation and volunteer work throughout the rest of my college career. So far, I have been coordinating the creation of a logo design that will become a part of Common Ground Worldwide's identity, as well as looking into updating the current website. In addition to that, I look forward to working to help organize the "World Homeless Day" here in San Luis Obispo. I am also creating a UNICEF group on the Cal Poly campus. I am thrilled to be a part of the team at Common Ground Worldwide and I am excited to see what more the future will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment